by Elizabeth Weichel Moore

The small private, non-denominational cemetery on Deane Road, known as the Pleasant Valley Cemetery, has served the nearby residents of Underhill and Cambridge since the land was first deeded by the Shanley family in 1813. It is managed by the voluntary ‘Pleasant Valley Cemetery Association’. Andy Butler was the cemetery sexton and caretaker for many decades. The cemetery was enlarged by a gift of 1/4 acre from James Forgan in 1978 and is in use today.

Facts

Additional land ( 1/4 A ) deeded from James Forgan c. 1978? (vol.p)

Original Deed: Shanley c. 1813 (vol. p )
Early Burials: Melissa Melvin 1813; Laura Richardson 1814; Dickinson infant 1826; Ephraim Lewis 1838

Location: